Each applicant is kindly requested to provide a complete application file. The application has to be submitted personally to the Swiss representations in Tashkent or in Bishkek.The following documents are to be provided:<>
1) An invitation letter from the inviting company containing the following information:
- Surname, first name and date of birth of the invited person
- purpose of travel
- duration of stay and number of entries (applications for more than one entry must be justified).
The inviting company should vouch for the applicant‘s travel costs and costs of stay. If that is not the case, the applicant needs to attest that he/she has enough assets at his/her disposal (see point 8 and 9). The invitation must be signed by those, who have the right of signature according to the extract from the trade register. It needs to be sent by fax or e-mail directly from Switzerland to the Embassy in Tashkent and to the Consular Agency in Bishkek.
2) A copy of the extract from the trade register of the Swiss firm (only first page and page where the signing persons are enlisted)
3) The visa application form completely and properly filled-out (in German, French, Italian or English) and personally signed by the applicant:
Application form German/Russian
Application form French/English
4) Passport (original and copy) of the applicant (copy of the relevant pages with the personal information, the photograph and the signature of the applicant and - if there are - the copies of the last three Schengen visas). From Kyrgyz citizens only new Kyrgyz passports are accepted. The passports must be valid at least three months after the intended return and must contain at least two blank pages (one to affix the visa sticker and one for the stamps of the border control authorities).
5) Two recent and identical photos (one must be affixed to the application form). The photograph must fulfill the standards set out in the photograph specifications:
Photo specification (in English)
6) A medical insurance which must be valid throughout the territory and the duration of the stay in the Schengen area. The minimum coverage of the insurance is EUR 30'000.00.
7) For long term visas with several entries the insurance must be purchased only for the first entry at the moment of applying. With his/her second signature on the application form (page 4), the applicant acknowledges that for every other entry a medical insurance is required as well.
8) Confirmation letter from the employer containing the following information: position and salary of the employee, dates of his/her vacation. If the inviting company is not going to vouch for the travel and accommodation costs (see point 1), a confirmation of a hotel booking is additionally required.
9) A bank statement showing cash flow of the last 3 months is necessary to check the financial situation of the guest and is required even if the inviting company in Switzerland or the employer in the home country is going to bear the costs.
10) Confirmed roundtrip flight reservation
11) The visa fee is 79 Dollars for adults and additional 10 Dollars for the mailing service to Tashkent. The fee is payable in US dollars cash only at the time the application is submitted (only new and unmarked bank notes will be accepted). As the visa fee can change anytime, please consult the website of the Embassy or the Consular Agency for the actual rate or contact the respective visa section.
As the documents handed in at the Consular Agency in Bishkek are transmitted to Tashkent, the process time for visa applications of applicants residing in Kyrgyzstan is about 14 working days.
The Embassy and the Consular Agency explicitly reserve the right to request for additional documents.
Please note that all documents, letters or confirmations have to be translated in German, French, Italian or English.
Swiss Consular Agency in Bishkek
144 Panfilova street Bishkek
Tel (00996 312) 30 10 36
Fax (00996 312) 30 10 31
Working hours: 9:00-12:00, Monday – Thursday (except Kyrgyz and Swiss public holidays)
Swiss Embassy Tashkent
Shota Rustaveli Street, Tupik 1/4
Tel Uzbekistan: +998 71 120 67 40 Visa section
From Switzerland: 031 / 324 18 41 (Swiss Line)
Fax: 031 / 324 18 44 (Swiss Line)