It is kindly requested to provide a complete application file for each applicant (also for children). The application has to be submitted personally to the Swiss representations in Tashkent or in Bishkek. For visitor visas (valid for maximum 90 days within 6 months) the following documents are to be provided:<>
1) An invitation letter from the inviting person, containing the following information:
- Surname, given name, address, phone number and e-mail address (if any) of the inviting person.
- Surname, given name and date of birth of the invited person.
- Duration of stay in Switzerland (exact dates of entry and departure)
Confirmation that the travel costs, costs of stay and travel insurance are borne by the inviting person.
- The letter must be signed by the inviting person and needs to be sent to the Embassy in Tashkent and to the Consular Agency in Bishkek directly from Switzerland. If the inviting person is married, the signature of the spouse is required too. If the inviting and the invited person are members of the same family, a copy of an according document (certification of marriage, certification of birth etc) needs to be provided.
2) A copy of the passport or the identity card of the inviting person. If she/he is not a Swiss citizen, a copy of a valid residence permit is required. If the inviting person is married, a copy of the spouse’s passport and residence permit needs to be provided too.
3) The visa application form completely and properly filled-out (in German, French, Italian or English) and personally signed by the applicant:
application form German/Russian
application form French/English
4) Passport (original and copy) of the applicant (copy only of the relevant pages with the personal information, the photograph and the signature of the applicant and – if there are any – the copies of the last three Schengen visas). From Kyrgyz citizens only new Kyrgyz passports are accepted. The passport must be valid at least three months after the intended return and must contain at least two blank pages (one to affix the visa sticker and one for the stamps of the border control authorities).
5) Two recent and identical photos (one must be affixed to the application form).
The photograph must fulfill the standards set out in the photograph specifications hereafter:
Photo specification (in English)
6) A medical insurance which must be valid throughout the territory and the duration of the stay in the Schengen area (Copy only). The minimum coverage of the insurance shall be EUR 30'000.00.
7) Confirmation letter from the Kyrgyz employer containing the following information: position and salary of the employee, dates of his/her vacation. In addition, a confirmation that the employee will return to her/his post after her/his vacation. If the invited person is a student, she/he is requested to provide her/his student ID (original and copy).
8) An actual extract from the bank account for the last 3 months. This is necessary to check the financial situation of the guest and is therefore required even if the inviting person in Switzerland is going to bear the costs.
9) A confirmed return flight reservation
The visa processing fee is 79 Dollars for adults. The visa processing fee for children between 6 and 12 years is 47 Dollars. For children up to 6 years the visa is free. Mailing services to Tashkent: 10 USD. The visa fee is payable in US dollars cash only at the time the application is submitted (only new and unmarked bank notes will be accepted). As the visa fee can change anytime, please consult the website of the Embassy or the Consular Agency for the actual rate or contact the respective visa section.
For children under 18 the following documents are to be provided additionally:
- Certification of birth (copy and the original document), translated into German, French, Italian or English.
- A copy of the passport of the parent who will be travelling with the child (only the relevant pages with information, photograph and signature)
- An entirely filled in visa application form signed by the parents
- Two recent and identical photos (one must be affixed to the application form)
If the child is going to travel alone or not accompanied by at least one of his parents:
- A notarized permission to travel, issued by the parents. This permission needs to be translated into German, French, Italian or English (original document and copy).
After the application has been checked by the Embassy, the applicant will receive the form “Declaration of Sponsorship” and is requested to fill it in. This document must be sent by fax or e-mail to the guarantor in Switzerland who is going to bear the costs of stay. The inviting person is requested to complete and sign the form. A travel insurance of a minimum coverage of EUR 30’000 EUR has to be presented. This insurance can be contracted either in Switzerland or in Kyrgyzstan. Eventually the documents are to be forwarded to the Swiss authorities in charge.
The Swiss authorities will check if the guarantor is registered correctly, and capable to fulfill his commitment. Finally the “Declaration of Sponsorship” will be sent back to the Embassy with a recommendation to accept or deny the application. The guarantor will be informed about the result. It‘s in the final competence of the Embassy to issue the visa or not.
This process may last several weeks. It is recommended to apply in advance.
The Embassy and the Consular Agency explicitly reserve the right to request for additional documents.
Please note that all documents, letters or confirmations have to be translated in German, French, Italian or English.
Swiss Consular Agency in Bishkek
144 Panfilova street Bishkek
Tel (00996 312) 30 10 36
Fax (00996 312) 30 10 31
Working hours: 9:00-12:00, Monday – Thursday (except Kyrgyz and Swiss public holidays)
Swiss Embassy Tashkent
Shota Rustaveli Street, Tupik 1/4
Tel Uzbekistan: +998 71 120 67 40 Visa section
From Switzerland: 031 / 324 18 41 (Swiss Line)
Fax: 031 / 324 18 44 (Swiss Line)