Each applicant is kindly requested to provide a complete application file. The following documents are to be provided:<>
1) An invitation letter, containing the following information:
- Surname, given name and date of birth of the invited person
- Date and duration of the official event.
Furthermore, it needs to be explained who is going to bear the applicant‘s travel expenses and costs of accommodation and subsistence during the whole stay in the Schengen Area. The organizer of the official event is requested to send the signed invitation letter directly from Switzerland to the Swiss Embassy in Tashkent and to the Consular Agency in Bishkek by fax or e-mail.
2) A visa application form, completely and properly filled-out (in German, French, Italian or English) and personally signed by the applicant:
application form German/Russian
application form French/English
3) Passport (original and copy) of the applicant (copy only of the relevant pages with the personal information, the photograph and the signature of the applicant and – if there are any – the copies of the last three Schengen visas). For Kyrgyz citizens only new Kyrgyz passports are accepted. The passport must be valid at least three months after the intended return and must contain at least two blank pages (one to affix the visa sticker and one for the stamps of the border control authorities).
4) Two recent and identical photos (one must be affixed to the application form). The photograph must fulfill the standards set out in the photograph specifications hereafter:
Photo specification (in English)
5) The copy of a medical insurance which must be valid throughout the territory and the duration of the stay in the Schengen area (Copy only). The minimum coverage of the insurance shall be EUR 30'000.00. Applicants with diplomatic or service passports do not need an insurance.
6) A diplomatic note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or another ministry in charge or a letter of a Kyrgyz NGO (original document) with information about the applicant, purpose of travel and duration of stay. If the inviting organization in Switzerland is not going to vouch for the above mentioned costs (Point 1), following documents have to be provided additionally:
· A confirmed hotel reservation
· A bank statement showing cash flow of the last 3 months
7) Confirmed roundtrip flight reservation
8) The visa processing fee is 79 Dollars and additional 10 Dollars for the mailing service to Tashkent. The visa fee is payable in US dollars cash only at the time the application is submitted (only new and unmarked bank notes will be accepted). As the visa fee can exchange any time, please consult the website of the Embassy for the actual rate or contact the respective visa section.
For members of official delegations the visa is free.
People in possession of UNO-Laisser-Passer do not need a visa to enter Switzerland.
As the documents handed in at the Consular Agency in Bishkek are transmitted to Tashkent, the process time for visa applications of applicants residing in Kyrgyzstan is about 3 weeks.
The Embassy and the Consular Agency explicitly reserve the right to request for additional documents.
Please note that all documents, letters or confirmations have to be translated in German, French, Italian or English.
Swiss Consular Agency in Bishkek
144 Panfilova street Bishkek
Tel (00996 312) 30 10 36
Fax (00996 312) 30 10 31
Working hours: 9:00-12:00, Monday – Thursday (except Kyrgyz and Swiss public holidays)
Swiss Embassy Tashkent
Shota Rustaveli Street, Tupik 1/4
Tel Uzbekistan: +998 71 120 67 40 Visa section
From Switzerland: 031 / 324 18 41 (Swiss Line)
Fax: 031 / 324 18 44 (Swiss Line)