The Swiss Cooperation Office (SCO) Belgrade is jointly run by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) within the Federal Department for Foreign Affairs and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) within the Federal Department for Economic Affairs as part of the Embassy of Switzerland to Serbia. It was opened in 1991 and is responsible for the development and implementation of the Swiss Cooperation Strategy Serbia 2014 - 2017.
The Strategy is fully aligned with the Serbian Government’s priorities and focuses on three domains:
- Economic development and
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy.
The main roles and tasks of the SCO Serbia are:
- Management of projects and programs on behalf of SDC, SECO and Federal Office for Migration (FOM)
- Controlling, monitoring and reporting
- Country alignment, policy dialogue, donor coordination
- Representation and public relations
In addition, SCO Serbia has an active role in the Migration Partnership Agreement between the two Governments. Switzerland and Serbia share a common constituency within the Bretton Wood institutions (WB and IMF) and the EBRD.